Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Xel-Ha and Tulum

Yesterday Bruce and I started out the day in a place called Xel-Ha. It is a lagoon where you can snorkel, ride bikes, lounge in hammocks, and eat and drink all you want. It's a business plan that would never fly in the United States: "...and there will be an open bar with all they can drink, and then I'm going to hand them a snorkel and direct them to open water."
I haven't snorkeled since junior high, mainly due to my fear of open water and my hatred of mouth breathing. I was up for it though.

Me: "It feels a little cold..."

Bruce: Shoves me in. He's sensitive like that.

Here's some photographic evidence that Barratt's CAN swim. Ignore the life vest- it's a useless prop and I still have skills.

Bruce took the leap off of a little cliff.

After a few hours at Xel-Ha, we were off to some ruins called Tulum. The ruins are right on the ocean and were very beautiful and amazing.







We had a tour guide. He was very knowledgeable up until I asked, "Um, I'm just trying to get it straight. Did the Nephites or Lamanites build this?"

5 comments:

Recursively said...

ALAS! You really are having fun! I was beginning to worry! ;D Awesome comment to the tour guide...

Jenni said...

How fun!

Brooke said...

Dear Rebecca,
I am writing to tell you how jealous I am about your adventure. Also, your bikini body.
Love,
Brooke

Also, the Nephites/Lamanites comment made me laugh out loud!

Leslie said...

You cause trouble everywhere you go!

A said...

Hello Bonus Sister, your running ways have paid off. You make beachwear look good. May the Moab 1/2 do the same for me ;).