Monday, July 21, 2008

There Was an Incident at Primary

I have tried to change my attitude, but sometimes I think that Sunday is the WORST day of the whole week. Everyone else in the family is ready for their day of "rest" and yet since dishes are dirtied, beds are slept in, and the dog still sheds, I haven't rested on a Sunday in years. On top of everything else, I do feel an obligation to cook a decent meal, which is devoured in about a tenth of the time it took me to make it. I guess my feelings are rubbing off on Kate, so I better change my attitude, and QUICK!

Example #1: Kate said "Amen" at the end of a talk and then turned to Bruce and said, "I didn't listen to that prayer AT ALL."

Example #2: In her primary class, Kate's teacher was teaching the kids about turning their frowns upside down into smiles, and they had made one of those faces that you can turn round and round and make it smiling or frowning. Kate didn't want hers to smile, thank you very much, she felt like the frown was the only necessary expression for her puppet. She was so upset (I guess her teacher pressed the issue a little, and I'm sure she had the best intentions. Little did she know that when Kate gets an idea that tampering with it is like tampering with dynamite.) that she was throwing a complete fit by the time she got home, and totally RIPPED the smile off that face. It was a complete dismemberment. Hey, let's not judge her, because I know I've threatened to wipe a smile off a face a time or two.

4 comments:

Christy said...

DB and Jake had that exact same lesson yesterday. There was a scuffle in the back seat on the 3-minute drive home that invovled some screaming and resulted in the yellow smiley necklace being ripped into 50 pieces. They apparently have the same disdain for this particular lesson.

Unknown said...

I've had the same "I need to change my attitude" feelings lately. I probably would have done the same thing had I been in primary.

Melanie said...

I've felt the same way so many times especially when relief society feels more like a Mormon AA meeting vs. a religious experience.

Julie Church said...

You better believe it all comes clean either in Primary or at the Bishops dinner table. I'm sure Rachael's primary teacher knows far more about our family than I ever wanted anyone to know! And the kicker...they just called me to be Primary President. Effective August 10th. Guess I didn't use the right cuss words in front of the right people.