Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Groundbreaking Presidential Announcement

Watching the news tonight, it was mentioned several times that the Pope was visiting. It's his birthday, and he got to spend it with the President. The Pope and President Bush released a joint statement denouncing terrorism. I couldn't help thinking, "No kidding. I think pretty much every one hates terrorism." I think it's just some political positioning to get Lil' George out of the 20th percentile as far as his approval ratings go. In that vein, I have some ideas for future Presidential/Papal announcements:

We Think Puppies Are Cute.
Beans Give Us Gas.
That French Prime Minister has a HOT Wife.
Capitalism seems to be Working.
Neither One of Us is as Crazy as those FLDS Folks.
Pizza is Tasty.

Maybe I'll be a little more moved if next time the leader of the free world dares to stray from the obvious.

No comments: