Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kate's Wedding Dreams

I just finished watching "Platinum Brides" on WE TV with Kate. I think that I am only training her to dream big. She kept saying, "When does the dancing start?" "That's pretty jewelry!" "I like those flowers." I guess I better start saving my money!

This schizophrenic Utah weather is making me crazy! Just 48 hours ago there was snow on the ground, and then today it was so warm that I let the girls wade in the creek by our house. Maggie was thrilled with it, and she just kept laughing and splashing. The water was freezing (probably because this morning it was still a snowdrift) but she still screamed when I took her out. It was so nice for us all to enjoy a Sunday walk instead of sitting around cursing the cold.

I took Kate to see "Penelope" at the dollar movie last night with my friend Anne. We got off to a rough start when Kate dumped out her popcorn. Kate grilled us the whole entire time about the plot points, and I thought, 'Great. I totally wasted my money because this movie is beyond her.' Then today, when she saw Grandma Ellie at church, she totally recapped the whole movie. I guess she picked up on more than I thought. I thought it was a cute show and will recommend it for family viewing. It's not as good as "Enchanted" though.

I continue to expand my cooking skill set. I went to a great class on pressure cooking, and I've already made a delicious beef stew in my pressure cooker. It cooks so fast! For you bread makers out there, my sis-in-law Cheryl pointed me to the most delicious recipe (I'm forever in your debt, Cheryl). Go to Allrecipes and search "french baguette" submitted by Judy Taubert. So delicious. I've made it twice in three days and you better believe there are no leftovers.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Mmmm... I'm on my way to allrecipes right now!

And as for Kate's wedding dreams, let her dream, dream away, as long as she picks one of my boys to be the groom.

Julie Church said...

Fresh Baguette and Stew...what time did you say to be over for dinner?

Mom Hunter said...

I sure loved having Kate come sit with us at church.
She was a hit with all the members who sat around
us. She kept teasing Tucker's brothers with a little
fast poke. They would turn around and smile at her;
then she'd poke them again. It's going to be fun
to go to my new ward and sit with my granddaughter.
Love to you all. Grandma Ellie

Susie Miner said...

I didn't know Aunt Merrilee still went to church...haha! I just had to say that.